Like what you read or do you want to kick me in the face? Tell me about it, I would love to read your comments!!!!!!

Monday, November 06, 2006

The ugliest Redskins/Cowboys game EVER!

Week 9

The Washington Redskins defeated the Dallas Cowboys Sunday, in what may be the ugliest game ever! How many ways could either team try to lose this game? Sunday, wearing my Cooley jersey, I sat on the floor and played with Briley as I watched this mess! However, I will take the win! I called my cousin Dave right after the Novak field goal and I said, "Wow, they pulled that one out of their butt!" Dave's reply was, "Hey, I'll take it!" I believe many Redskins fans feel this way, myself included. It is kind of refreshing to be able to wake up on Monday to a Redskins victory. "It makes me feel kind of funny ... like when we used to climb the ropes in gym class." It was ugly .... but it is victory number 3!

Here are a few things I am taking from this game!

*The play calling still sucks! The pitch out to Portis after the fake for a 38 yard touchdown was nice. Other than that, the 700 page playbook was more like a 5 page pre-school book about shapes and colors. In the first quarter the 'Skins have the ball on the goal line. The repeatedly ran Portis and Portis repeatedly got hit, short of the end zone. Ok, I was mad here because last year, we would fake the hand off and find Sellers or Cooley, but not under the Saunders regime. But my true "Incredible Hulk" kind of rage toward the playing calling would come in the Second Half. The Redskins had the ball, 2nd and 8 from their own 30 and they were running Sellers! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Where was #45 on those goal line tries? Seriously, it must not take much to be an Offensive Coordinator in the NFL. Or Joe just doesn't have the "grapefruits" to tell Saunders he is horrible. One more example of this ... Antwaan Randle El basically won the Super Bowl with his pass to Hines Ward last season. Why are we just now tapping into this?


* I am tired of seeing John Mellencamp use national tragedies to sell Chevy trucks! Seriously, my ears bleed every time I hear, "This is our country!" Honestly John 9/11 and hurricane Katrina does not make me think of buying a Chevy! Just when I thought it could not get any worse, Toby Keith is on there hocking Fords. For a guy who was born in raised in the city, not liking country music and thinking John (Cougar) Mellencamp is a dork, the commercials were Hell! During these commercials I actually encouraged Briley to cry! I cannot wait until next Sunday to hear more of these shameless acts to sell trucks to people by making them think it is a Patriotic act! However, I think a duet with Jackie Chan and William Hung (I pray you know who he is!) would make me buy a Toyota or 3! "She bangs .. She bangs .."

* T.O. SUCKS .... Don't believe me? ... what has he won? Aren't professionals graded upon winning? Honestly, T.O. could have a ring for every finger and toe and I will still say he sucks. Believe it or not Terrell Owens has been in the league for 11 years. Though, he usually doesn't act like a veteran. In his 11 seasons he has played for 3 teams. San Francisco, Philadelphia and Dallas. Statistically he is not the best receiver, Marvin Harrison is ... EASILY. And Harrison's success is not all due to Peyton Manning. You put Harrison with McNabb and I will show you a 5 year dynasty! Owens' departure from the first 2 teams have ended as messy as any celebrity divorce. Did anyone actually see Brittany staying with a loser like "K Fed?" How long will it be until T.O. implodes? Many experts were saying week 8 of this season. However I believe it will come next season. Remember in year 1, Andy Reid, Donovan McNabb and T.O. were holding hands, making gingerbread houses and singing "A Chipmunks Christmas" together.
A few weeks ago I went with my cousin Dave to see the Redskins play Jacksonville. That was an awesome game! I lost my voice 3 separate times that afternoon. Well as we were making our pilgrimage to the stadium about an hour before kick off we noticed a pack of drunks. But these were not ordinary sloppy drunks. These were sloppy drunks with a bull horn! I never knew that Beer + a bull horn + a Cowboys fan wearing an 81 jersey = comedy! You can only begin to imagine the verbal abuse this Cowboys fan went through, while walking through the Home of the Redskins. But this was not any regular weekend. This was the weekend after the whole T.O. suicide soap opera. (Didn't Owens' PR lady look like the bus driver from South Park?) As Dave and I are walking in, behind the Cowboys fan, the drunks saw him. It kind of reminded me of Bruce Willis in Die Hard 3, when "Simon" forced him to wear a racist sign in the middle of Harlem. It was then I heard one of the funniest things ever. In a loud voice coming through a bull horn a drunk finally made sense. He said, "Hey T.O., Sean Taylor came closer to killing you than you ever could!" Of course there were a few expletives in there, but this is a family friendly blog. The crowd erupted and even the Cowboy fan couldn't help but laugh. Which brings me to this point. If a die hard T.O. fans can laugh at the drama that is #81 .... The man must be a joke!
By the way T.O. thanks for "falling asleep" in the 3rd quarter instead of catching the ball that may have beat the Redskins!
You were our best defensive back Sunday!

* Heath Shuler finally won something .....A spot in the House. (What a country!) Heath Shuler won his election in North Carolina Tuesday night. He was running a Democrat, which leaves all Republicans in the house elated because they know Heath's track record. He sucks in Washington!!!!!

* My final thought is this. With the Redskins win over Dallas, they have placed their own fate in their hands. They are back in the NFC chase. If they beat Philadelphia this weekend they are tied with the Eagles and they will be on a 2 game winning streak. On Sunday in Philadelphia, they CANNOT let any receivers get behind the defensive backs. So far this season, the pass coverage has been horrible! This is the Achilles heal .... They need to defend the deep ball and actually make a big play. They are healthy and if they can defend the pass, Gregg Williams can release the dogs and blitz the heck out of any team they face.
With teams like Carolina and the surging Falcons coming into Fed Ex, they better be ready! However, if the Redskins are to make the playoffs, they cannot look past anyone at anytime. They must approach every game, one play at a time. They cannot give up the big play, they cannot make stupid "single A" high school mistakes and they must play with a chip on their shoulders. I don't think it is much fun being called the biggest disappointment in the NFL. Each game they must come out and punch someone in the mouth ... As long as they don't knee anyone in the crotch on Monday Night Football thank you very much Troy Brayton!

* One more thing .... Chris Cooley is 10 times better than Jeremy Shockey!

Smile on People ...... Smile on!


~J~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great stuff so far... although you could argue the Vikings-49ers game could be the worster game in history. There's been some bad ones (toilet bowl 99 Redskins-Eagles where the skins decided to kick the game winning field goal on third down just in case and ended up botching the kick anway. that was some lousy football!) Back to work for me though. Busy busy!

Anonymous said...

Whats with the time tags on your blog? 430am? And is your blog still called the sportsblender? Doesn't MTV have something by that title? Nice use of cornicopia though.
Will the Skins DBs ready to play, I think we can give Philly a run for their money. Troy Vincent is a much better safety that Adam Archu-let-down. He'll make Sean Taylor's job easier for sure. McNabb is a better QB than Romo so the D needs to punch someone in the mouth for sure.

Jeff said...

I think my blog is set on like Hawaiian time or something .... people probably think I dont sleep!

Oh well ....

Anonymous said...

I am so tired of seeing those John Mellencamp and Toby Keith commercials selling trucks. Come on Fox show some different commercials like Guiness and Miller Lite Square table. Come on its football, people are drinking beer watching this, they are not driving their cars and trucks! Get with the program, once a game is fine not 200 times a game.